{1 - 24} GreyGrey
{25 - 49} GreenGreen
{50 - 499} BlueBlue
{500 - 4999} OrangeOrange
{5000 - 24999} RedRed
{25000+} BlackBlack

Please confirm that you would like to report this for an admin to review.

Relocating from MD to WA state

I’m currently a first year student in an Associates program in MD. I want to relocate to WA state once I graduate, in May 2016, but have been told that it’s extremely difficult to obtain licensure if relocating. Is this true? Also, I see that WA requires anesthesia/nitrous training, however I am currently training for this at the program I attend in MD; will this transfer from state-to-state? Is relocating worth it? MD is extremely expensive, and I have family on the west coast that I’d like to be closer to…I’m a little bummed bc I didn’t think hygiene would restrict where I could live, if anything, I thought it would open more doors.

Confirm that you would like to Remove Email Alerts for your question. You cant undo this and you will not be able to re-subscribe.

1 Answer

You will need to take the WREB clinical boards. These would include the hygiene, anesthetic and restorative. The restorative is the one that trips most people up but there are good, albeit expensive, summer courses for this.
Washington is a great place to practice hygiene…Very progressive in what we are able to do. However, certain areas also have fairly high cost of living expenses. The pay is somewhat commensurate though.
All of that being said. I would definitely contact the WA state board to see what you would need.
Good luck in your hygiene career, wherever you may land!!

Confirm that you would like to select this answer as the "Best Answer" to your question. This will bring this answer to to top and be highlighted as "Best Answer". You can always change this if a better answer is given.

You must be Logged In to Answer this Question

Already a Member, Log In
Not a member yet? Sign Up